NYC Area jams that you can go to and listen and play and sing and learn!!
- Hilary Hawke's oldtime and folk slowjam-Every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month 3:30pm-6pm FREE! @ Jalopy Theatre
- Paddy Reilly's 2nd & 4th Mondays are the Bluegrass Slow Jam. 519 2nd ave, Manhattan. (corner of 29th st.) 7:30-9:30pm
- Paddy Reilly's every Sunday is a Bluegrass Advanced jam at 5:30pm
- Michael Dave's Bluegrass Jam-Every first Monday of the month @ Rockwood Music Hall 9:30pm
- Rick Snell's Bluegrass jam-Every single Monday eve @ Mona's bar in Manhattan 10:30pm
- The Green Room Jam. (my favorite oldtime jam!) Every other Tuesday evening starting around 8:00pm. 158 E23rd St. A good mix of oldtime, folk, and bluegrass players all playing oldtime music. Fun Fun! Sometimes the cloggers from City Stompers come by!
- Sheriff of Goodtimes Bluegrass jam-certain Wednesdays...will update this soon!!!
- Von Bar Bluegrass Jam-on Bowery and Bleeker st. Once a month.
OLDTIME JAM MACHINE-This site has free backing tracks that you can play guitar, banjo or fiddle along with.